Sweet Butternut Squash and Kale Quinoa Bowl with Maple Tahini Dressing
For the bowl:
- 2 cups kale
- Handful of walnuts
- Handful of currants
- 1/4 cups dry quinoa
- 1/4 roasted butternut squash (see recipe below)
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp EVOO (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sprinkle of paprika
- To roast the butternut squash, simply wash the squash and scrub the skin. Cut it in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. You may want to heat it a bit in the microwave if it's too difficult to cut. Evenly coat both halves with about a tbsp of coconut oil and season with your favorite spices. Roast at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 50 minutes, and then broil for about 2 minutes to brown the top.
- While that's cooking, cook the quinoa. Boil 1/4 cup dry quinoa with 1/2 cup of water and heat until it starts to boil. Then put the lid on and turn the heat down to simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Steam the kale by putting it in 1 cup of boiling water. Once it's softened, drain the kale.
- When all ingredients are ready, combine and add about 1/4 (or more) of the squash, cubed.
- Top with a handful each of walnuts and currants, and drizzle the dressing! Enjoy!