To me, these are the definition of "simple gourmet." The flavors work in harmony to create a perfectly delicious and balanced meal. They're the perfect throw together lunch that feels fancy while only taking about 12 minutes start to finish.
- 1 small steamed sweet potato (skinned)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro (optional-add some mint leaves)
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Dash of chili pepper
- 1/2 cup beans (I used cannelini)
- Coconut oil for frying (I used a small amount of coconut oil spray so it wouldn't stick to the pan)
- 1.5 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp water
- Steam the sweet potato for about 10 minutes until tender. I microwaved mine for 5 minutes and then scooped out the inside.
- Drain and rinse your beans.
- Finely chop the herbs
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Here comes the fun part. Mash the ingredients together with your hands to form a mixture. You can also use a food processor if you're no fun and don't want to get your hands dirty.
- Heat a pan on low medium heat and spray with a thin coating of coconut oil spray or coconut oil. Form 3 parties with the mixture and pan fry on each side for about 2-3 mins. The other option is to bake at 350 degrees farenheit for about 20 mins, but I'd keep an eye on them because I haven't personally tried that method.
- Serve the burgers on a bun or atop a salad with the tahini dressing and enjoy!