Rosemary Baked Sweet Potato "Fries"
This is the most delicious and soul-satisfying side dish. They're sweet and soft on the inside, with a distinct crunch and flavor explosion on the outside. You really can't go wrong with the seasoning. I like to mix it up with paprika/cinnamon, curry/cumin, garlic/lemon, and even simple pink salt/pepper. Any salt free seasoning will be delicious too!
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam)
- 1/2 tbsp oil (olive or melted coconut)
- Your favorite seasoning (I love mrs. Dash salt free blend, cinnamon, mustard, or paprika)
- Fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the potato into fry-shaped wedges the size of your finger. I find it difficult to cut raw sweet potato, so I often microwave it for a bit to get the potato softer and manageable to cut.
- Mix them in a bowl with the oil, seasoning, and rosemary. The mixture should be well incorporated. Spread out evenly on a baking sheet. Make sure that they're not touching. Bake for about 30 mins, flipping halfway through to ensure they're evenly browned. Delicious alone, served with hummus, guacamole, tahini, or with my avocado cream sauce!