Raw Snickers Bars
I hesitate to call these delicious morsels "Snickers" bars. In all honesty, they do not resemble Snickers bars in the slightest as they are completely raw/vegan/gluten free/refined sugar free. Sure, the flavor profiles have similarities, but that's about it. Don't get me wrong- they're absolutely amazing...but don't expect it to magically taste like there are tons of chemicals in it. These are what Snickers would taste like if you took out all of the bad stuff and replaced it with wholesome ingredients that are actually good for you.
My birthday was this week, so I splurged and got a (refurbished) Vitamix! It was so much cheaper and it still comes with the warranty. I'm beyond excited. I whipped these up seamlessly in my new machine. Without a high speed blender it takes a lot more time and effort to get the ingredients to incorporate. You can definitely make this recipe in a food processor or another high speed blender, it may just take a little longer. With the Vitamix, it's like magic! I can't wait to experiment and see what else I can make!
Makes approximately 8 slices
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp peanut flour (or peanut butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp hemp or chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup medjool dates
- Optional-1 tbsp mesquite powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp peanut flour (or butter)
- Simply grind the almonds until a flour consistency is reached.
- Then add all of the other dry ingredients and blend on high. add the wet ingredients and mix until a dough is reached, If it's not sticking together, add some more almond milk.
- Place the mixture in a cake pan and flatten it. Put in the freezer.
- For the chocolate coating, melt the coconut oil in a double boiler or on the stove. If you're lucky like me and your kitchen is hot enough so that your coconut oil is liquid already, just mix it in a bowl with the other ingredients.
- Pour the delicious raw choclatey goodness over the caramel layer (and lick the spoon). If you want, add some crunch factor such as nuts, seeds, buckinis, dried fruit, coconut flakes, etc. I used some of my Loving Earth Deluxe Buckini sprouted superfood cereal mix from Australia.
- Then just pop it back into the freezer. Take out 10 minutes before serving to thaw.