Chocolate Peanut Butter Mugcake
There's something magical about Peanut butter. It's always amazing in desserts, that's a given, but I'm just starting to discover how great it is in savory dishes too. I've been making lots of PB Indian curries, African Stews, and even a PB Carrot soup from The Minimalist Baker Blog. In honor of my newfound adoration for peanut butter, I present to you: The Chocolate Peanut Butter Mugcake.
This mugcake is ideal for when you want a little something sweet, but it's not quite as filling as my Peanut Butter Banana Bread Mugcake, due to the lack of banana.
I made this last night in a desperate attempt to make an excuse for a study break. Since I'm usually so physically active, sitting still for long periods of time is a true test of character. Don't even get me started on those international flights...
The small but effective caffeine jolt thanks to the antioxidant-rich cacao powder was just what I needed for the final push to finish my 10-page research paper. Not that I ever actually need an excuse to make a delicious, healthy, gluten-free, and vegan treat! :p
- 1 heaping tbsp cacao powder
- 3 tbsp peanut flour
- 1 tbsp rolled oats/ground oat flour (optional ingredient)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 4 drops of vanilla stevia (or an additional 2 tsp coconut sugar)
- 1 chopped date
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- "Icing"- chocolate chips, peanut butter, berries, etc
- Combine the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Make sure the "flour" blend you've created is well incorporated.
- Next, add the wet ingredients, adding as much almond milk as necessary to achieve the correct consistency. It should be batter-like and gooey. If you have a ramekin, transfer the mixture and spread out the top evenly to make a flat surface. Add a handful of dark chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes (depending on your microwave wattage, it may be a little more or less). Let it cool and top with Peanut butter "icing," berries, more chocolate chips, and whatever else your heart desires.